Recipe: Brandy Snaps
- Details Category: Desserts Published on Friday, 29 June 2012 19:56 Written by ethel :
Crispy toffee coloured snaps with a brandy cream filling
- 2 tbsps. golden syrup
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 2 tbsps. flour
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- grated rind of half a lemon
- little juice of the lemon
- 2 oz. (125g) butter
- Cooking Instructions:
- Warm together the sugar, butter and syrup until melted then remove from heat, or use a water bath.to mix all ingredients.
- Blend in the flour, ginger and lemon then add the vanilla essence.
- Beat well together then drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture, well spaced apart on to greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F, Gas Mark 5, 180C for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lift each snap off the baking sheet with a palette knife and roll them up over the handle of a greased wooden spoon.
- Slip off and allow to cool.