Recipe: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Details Category: Desserts Published on Sunday, 10 August 2014 17:08 Written by ethel :
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 140g butter, melted
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 100g blueberries
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 x 300g packs full-fat cream cheese
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml double cream
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Line a 20 x 30cm rectangular tin with baking parchment.
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
- Add the butter and blitz again to combine. Tip into the tin, press down firmly with the back of a spoon to cover the base. Then bake for 10 mins.
- Leave to cool.
- tip 25g of the sugar and the blueberries into a small pan.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and add this to the pan.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and bubble for 1-2 mins until saucy.
- Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl,
- whisk the cream cheese with an electric hand-held whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining sugar and whisk again.
- Add the flour, vanilla, eggs and soured cream, and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- half the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base, then spoon half the blueberry sauce on top in small blobs.
- Cover with the remaining cheesecake mix and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- the remaining blueberry sauce over the top, then use the end of the spoon to ripple it into the cheesecake.
- for 10 mins, then lower the heat to 110C/90C fan/ gas ¼ and bake for a further 30 mins.
- the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for 1 hr, then leave for 1 hr more with the door ajar.
- leave at room temperature until completely cool, then chill for at least 3 hrs or, even better, overnight.
- Slice into 14 bars. Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.