Recipe: Chocolate Orange Tart
- Details Category: Desserts Published on Monday, 10 November 2014 20:55 Written by Super User :
For the pastry
- 225g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
For the filling
- 400ml double cream
- 50g sugar
- 400g orange-flavoured chocolate
- Zest of 1 orange
- 40g butter
- Dash of vanilla
- More orange zest
- In a bowl, rub together the flour and butter until it looks like damp breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the icing sugar, then add 50ml water, or just enough needed to bring together into a dough.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- On a floured surface, roll the pastry out to pound coin thickness, then use to line a 20cm tart tin.
- Line the pastry case with baking paper and fill with baking beans or dry rice.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and beans, brush with egg yolk and bake for another 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- For the filling, bring the cream and sugar to the boil, then pour over the chocolate, orange zest, butter and vanilla, and whisk well until glossy.
- Spoon or pour into the tart case and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with mascarpone and more zest sprinkled over.