Recipe: Lamb and Bulgar Wheat Recipe
- Details Category: Lamb Based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 11:06 Written by ethel :
- 1 Pack Lean Minced Lamb
- 1 Large Handful Mushrooms
- 1 Small Leek (halved then sliced)
- 1/2 Zucchini/Courgette (diced)
- 1 Handful Cherry tomatoes2 Garlic Cloves (crushed/grated)
- 1 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Long Red Chilli diced (more if desired)
- 1 Medium Onion (choppped)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Bulgar Wheat (rinsed)
- 2 Cups Water
- For the Spices
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 tsp Kalonji Seeds (nigella seeds)
- Heat a large pan with some olive oil and add the leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini/courgettes.
- Stirring the entire time, cook for few minutes until they start to soften then take straight off the heat and place into a bowl for later.
- In the same pan add a little more oil and the onion.
- Cook until it turns golden then add your minced lamb.
- Keep stirring all the time, cook until the minced lamb turns brown. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger, stir well.
- Keep stiring add kalonji seeds. Add turmeric, cumin and coriander powders, stir well.
- Now take your stir fried vegetables and add to the lamb keema, keep stirring.
- Add garam masala and salt to season.
- Add some fresh coriander.
- Your lamb keema/kheema is now ready.
- Check your bulgar wheat with a spoon to be sure there is no excess water, if so drain.
- Add your bulgar wheat to the lamb keema. Mix well.
- Your lamb keema bulgar wheat recipe is now ready to eat.