Recipe: Small Lamb Joint
- Details Category: Lamb Based Published on Sunday, 22 September 2013 20:07 Written by ethel :
- 1 x 350-400g (12-14oz) lean mini lamb leg or shoulder roasting joint
- 450g/1lb new potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 small garlic cloves
- 20ml/4tsp oil
- 3 fresh bay leaves, torn
For the Warm Spice Mix:
- 5ml/1tsp cumin powder
- 5ml/1tsp turmeric
- 10ml/2tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 small orange
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the potatoes and onions in the base of a non-stick roasting tin. Drizzle with half the oil and sprinkle over the bay leaves.
- To prepare the warm spice mix, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together with the remaining oil.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface then brush with the spice mix all over.
- Place on top of the potatoes and roast uncovered for 35-40 minutes (for medium). Cover the meat with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve with the potatoes and seasonal vegetables