Recipe: Lamb and Spinach Spagetti
- Details Category: Lamb Based Published on Saturday, 28 September 2013 17:36 Written by ethel :
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6-ounce bag baby Spinach
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, for topping
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the lamb and cook, stirring, until the meat is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in tomato paste, wine and oregano; season with salt & pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Add spinach and mint; stir until wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the cooking liquid and the ground lamb sauce.
- Serve with grated cheese.
- Serves: 6