Recipe: Roast Lamb Steaks
- Details Category: Lamb Based Published on Monday, 20 October 2014 21:18 Written by ethel :
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lamb shoulder steaks
- 3 potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved & sliced
- sprig fresh rosemary or 1 tsp of dried
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Thickly slice the potatoes and PART boil for about 7 minutes.
- Heat half the oil in a roasting tray, then brown the steaks on both sides and set aside.
- Brush the steaks with mustard.
- Toss the potato, onion, remaining oil and half the herbs into the roasting tray, then lay the steaks on top.
- Scatter with remaining herbs and roast everything for 40 mins until the potatoes are softened and the lamb cooked.