Recipe: Parsnip and Celeriac Puree
- Details Category: Vegey extras, dips and hummus Published on Saturday, 18 May 2013 20:54 Written by Super User :
- 1 large parsnip - peeled
- 1/2 small celeriac - peeled
- 1 medium potato - same size as celeriac
- knob butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml oz chicken stock
- 60ml double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the parsnip purée, peel the parsnips, cut out the core and cut into smallish chunks. Peel the potatoes and cut into smallish chunks.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan. Add the potatoes and parsnips and fry for about five minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the double cream and cook until almost completely reduced.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes. Using a hand-blender, blend the vegetables to a purée, before passing through a sieve into a clean pan.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.