Recipe: Roast turnip
- Details Category: Vegey extras, dips and hummus Published on Friday, 22 November 2013 20:02 Written by Super User :
- 1 large swede (approx 750g/1lb 10oz), peeled and cut into chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus some for greasing
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- knob of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Tip the swede, olive oil, 40g of the Parmesan and the rosemary leaves into a shallow roasting tin. Season and toss well, arranging in one layer.
- Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan, dot with butter, then add the garlic cloves. Roast for 30-35 mins, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden.