Recipe: Tattie Scones
- Details Category: Vegey extras, dips and hummus Published on Thursday, 09 January 2014 11:12 Written by ethel :
Makes 24 triangles
- 500g floury potatoes, unpeeled
- 50g butter
- 125g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- Put the potatoes in a pan, cover with water, salt generously and bring to the boil. Simmer until cooked through, then drain well and return to the hot pan for a minute to dry off. Peel off the skins as soon as you can handle them.
- Add 40g butter and mash, then stir in the flour and season to taste. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 5mm thick, then cut around a side plate to shape. Dust lightly with flour and prick all over with a fork.
- Heat the remaining butter in a griddle or large heavy based frying pan over a medium-high heat and then fry until golden on both sides (about 3-5 minutes). Cut into triangles and serve immediately, or cool in a tea towel for later.