Recipe: Onion rings
- Details Category: Vegey extras, dips and hummus Published on Saturday, 15 February 2014 19:40 Written by Super User :
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced 1/4' thick
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- oil for frying
- Begin to heat cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, salt, paprika, and cayenne to make onion ring batter.
- Remove inner rings of onion slices and discard. Take the large rings and dip in batter.
- Place battered rings in hot oil. When they begin to rise to the top of the oil and become golden brown, turn over and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove onions rings from oil with sieve and drain on paper towels. Serve onion rings immediately.