Recipe: Fizzy onion rings
- Details Category: Vegey extras, dips and hummus Published on Saturday, 15 February 2014 19:45 Written by Super User :
- Serves: 12
- 1 litre vegetable oil for frying
- 125g plain flour
- 225ml beer
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- In a large, deep saucepan or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 180 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, beer, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth. Dredge onion slices in the batter, until evenly coated.
- Deep fry in the hot oil until golden brown. Drain on kithen roll. Serve hot.