Recipe: Saffron Rice
- Details Category: Vegey extras, dips and hummus Published on Saturday, 19 April 2014 20:15 Written by Super User :
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 250 grams long grain rice
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- 50 ml dry sherry
- ¼ teaspoon saffron strands
- 100 grams peas
- 100 grams sweetcorn
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the spring onions, fry until softened.
- Add the rice and saffron, toss well in the oil before adding the sherry, allow to cook until the sherry has been absorbed.
- Add the stock and vegetables, bring to the boil and cover with lid. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.