Recipe: Rabbit with Prunes and Mustard
- Details Category: Rabbit based Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 21:38 Written by ethel :
- 675g (1.5lb) rabbit pieces.
- 1 tbsp plain flour.
- 1 tbsp each vegetable oil & butter (softened).
- 1 onion (finely chopped).
- 175g (6 oz) ready-to-eat dried prunes.
- 100g (4 oz) fromage frais.
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- Seasoning to taste.
- Place rabbit pieces in a paper or polythene bag with the flour and shake to coat evenly.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan and fry rabbit until golden brown all over.
- Add onions and prunes to pan and pour over just enough water to cover.
- Season generously and simmer for 45 minutes until rabbit is tender.
- Remove the rabbit with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Stir fromage frais and mustard into the pan and simmer until reduced slightly.
- Spoon the sauce over the rabbit and serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli or green beans.