Recipe: Parkin - Julie's Parkin
- Details Category: Cakes Published on Friday, 02 November 2012 20:05 Written by Super User :
- 150g brown sugar
- 150g butter
- 150g self-raising flour
- 150g oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons treacle or golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teacup milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350f/Gas Mark 4
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add flour, oatmeal and spices.
- Stir in treacle.
- Add beaten egg and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased and lined tin
- Bake for about 45 minutes
- Cut into squares when cool