Recipe: Wellington - port sauce
- Details Category: Christmas Published on Monday, 19 November 2012 00:39 Written by Adrian :
- 1 shallot
- a little butter
- 300ml port
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 thyme sprigs
- Sweat 1 finely chopped shallot in a little butter with a thyme sprig.
- Pour in 300ml port and reduce by two-thirds, then add 600ml fresh chicken stock and reduce again by two-thirds until syrupy.
- Strain into another saucepan ready to be reheated.
- The sauce can be made 2 days in advance and reheated in the saucepan, adding a splash more stock if too thick.