Recipe: Big Mick's Pork Chewits
- Details Category: Pies and Puddings Published on Thursday, 21 June 2012 14:13 Written by Super User :
- 440 grams trimmed pork shoulder
- 300 grams very slightly trimmed smoked bacon joint
- 6 heaped teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 heaped teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of anchovy sauce.
- 1 very heaped teaspoon English mustard
- No salt
- Keep meat very cold during mixing procedures.
- Ensure stringy bits of fat and gristle are cut off meat and grind on coarse setting
- Add herbs, mustard and anchovy. Mix well.
- Grind again on medium setting.
- Make up circles of hot water pastry to take meat and pop into muffin tin.
- Add top pastry and make a hole.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5minutes. Set oven to Gas Mark 7for first 15 minutes then Gas Mark 4 for the remaining time.
- Allow to completely cool overnight then pour warmed, pre-prepared pork jelly into hole to completely fill all air gaps.
- Allow to cool and set before eating.
- Posted from my android device using Joomla Admin Mobile!