Recipe: Big Mick's Pork Chewits II - more meat, less herbs, tin anchovies
- Details Category: Pies and Puddings Published on Thursday, 14 March 2013 15:01 Written by Super User :
- 840 grams trimmed pork shoulder
- 320 grams very slightly trimmed bacon
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tin of anchovies, chopped
- 1 very heaped teaspoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sauce
- 50 twists of black pepper
- No salt
- Keep meat very cold during mixing procedures.
- Ensure stringy bits of fat and gristle are cut off meat and grind on coarse setting.
- Add herbs, mustard, sauce, pepper and anchovy. Mix well.
- Grind again on medium setting.
- Make up circles of hot water pastry to take meat and pop into muffin tin.
- Add top pastry and make a hole.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Set oven to Gas Mark 7 for first 15 minutes then Gas Mark 4 for the remaining time.
- Allow to completely cool overnight then pour warmed, pre-prepared pork jelly into hole to completely fill all air gaps.
- Allow to cool and set before eating.
Posted from my android device using Joomla Admin Mobile!