Recipe: Smoked mackerel pâté with rösti butty
- Details Category: Paté Published on Saturday, 08 December 2012 20:21 Written by Super User :
- For the rosti:
- 200 g smoked mackerel fillet, skinned and flaked
- 200 g cream cheese
- 50 g creamed horseradish
- juice of half a lemons
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
- bunch of watercress, picked into sprigs
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 apple
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- Buy Ingredients at mySupermarketMore information
- Place the smoked mackerel, cream cheese, creamed horseradish and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend into a well-mixed paste.
- To make the rösti, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add in three of the potatoes and boil them in their jackets for 8 minutes exactly; drain and allow to cool.
- Once the part-boiled potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them and coarsely grate them into a bowl. Peel the remaining uncooked potato and grate into the bowl too, together with the apple.
- Mix in the garlic, season well with salt and freshly ground pepper and shape into 10cm rounds, making 8 rösti in all.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add in the potato rosti and fry, in batches, over a medium heat until crisp and golden on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Dress the watercress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- To serve, place a rösti each on four serving plates, top with watercress, then another rösti, then finish each serving with a portion of smoked mackerel pâté and a lemon wedge.