Recipe: Chicken meatball canapé
- Details Category: Canapé Published on Sunday, 15 December 2013 18:40 Written by Super User :
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1½-2tsp rose harissa paste, to taste
- Finely grated zest of ½ a medium orange
- 2 spring onions
- 2tbsp olive oil
- For the dip
- 100g (3½oz) natural yogurt
- Few fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
- 5cm (2in) cucumber, grated
- Put chicken, harissa, orange zest and some seasoning into a food processor.
- Snip in spring onions, then whiz until fairly smooth.
- Remove blade and shape mixture into bite-sized balls.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add meatballs (you will need to do this in batches) and fry for 10-12min, turning frequently, until golden and cooked through (check by cutting into one).
- Set aside.
- To make the dip, mix all the ingredients together with some seasoning and put into a small serving bowl.
- Serve chicken balls warm or at room temperature with dip on the side.