Recipe: Turnip Swede Puree
- Details Category: First course Published on Monday, 09 December 2013 14:48 Written by ethel :
- About 1 lb of turnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
- About 1 lb of swede, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 25-50g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the turnips and swede in lightly salted water.
- Drain the water into a bowl.
- Fry the garlic in butter
- Place everything in a food processor and blast to a purée. If necessary add a little of the reserved water to make a smooth purée.
- Taste and add salt and pepper and more butter as needed.