Recipe: Creamed Scallions
- Details Category: First course Published on Monday, 09 December 2013 17:00 Written by Super User :
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 bunches scallions, (about 30), trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring cream and garlic to a boil in a medium skillet. Lower heat and simmer briskly until reduced by half, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While cream is reducing, cook scallions with water, covered, in a heavy medium saucepan over moderately high heat until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cream mixture to scallions. Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste, then cook over moderate heat, stirring, until piping hot.