Recipe: Lemon Sorbet
- Details Category: Palate cleanser Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 00:08 Written by Super User :
- 200g caster sugar
- 300ml water
- 300ml strained lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 3 tbsp lemon vodka
- Put the caster sugar and the water in a small saucepan and over a medium-low heat. Heat the pan gently, stirring, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil steadily for 5 minutes (without stirring), or until the solution has attained the consistency of a thin syrup. Leave to cool, then stir in the lemon juice, and the lemon vodka.
- Pour the lemon mixture into an ice cream maker and process following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Alternatively, if you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the lemon mixture into a shallow container and freeze for an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, then return to the freezer.
- Repeat this procedure twice to produce a smooth, fine-textured sorbet, then leave to freeze until very firm. Serve in scoops.