Recipe: Yorkshire Triangle Savoury Rhubard
- Details Category: Recipes Published on Tuesday, 26 July 2016 18:26 Written by Super User :
Savoury rhubarb spread –
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon
- 100g chorizo
- 200g Rhubarb
- 450g Red onions
- Black pepper
- Mustard powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Chilli ??????????????????
- take one strip of rashers (bacon), one stalk of rhubarb (about 80g) and two red onions (about 100g). Dice the rasher into small pieces and fry it for about five minutes or so until they are brown but not yet crisp.
- Dice the bacon and chorizo. Fry gently for about 5 mins until soft but not brown.
- Dice the red onions and put them in, or run them through a mandolin and break them up into slivers. Also slice the rhubarb with the mandolin, and mix the onion-and-rhubarb slivers together. After the bacon has been cooking five minutes or so, drain most of the oil out – save it for later – and toss the onions, chilli and rhubarb in the pan and mix them about. Add pinches of salt, black pepper, mustard powder and cayenne.
- In about ten minutes the onions and rhubarb should cook down into a maroon paste; tart, savoury and spicy all at once. Once that is done you can spread the paste over crackers, as I did, or on toast.