Recipe: Ginger Biscuits
- Details Category: Recipes Published on Monday, 01 August 2016 19:50 Written by Super User :
- 340g/12oz plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 level teaspoons ground ginger
- 100g/4oz butter
- 160g light brown sugar
- 4 tablspoons golden syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Line the baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Rub in butter with finger tips until it looks like bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar then the syrup and the beaten egg. Bring it all together to form a smooth pastry dough.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to be about 8mm thick. Using a 2” straight-sided round cutter, cut out biscuits until all the biscuit dough is used up. Place on baking trays ensuring enough room is left for slight expansion of the biscuit.
- Chill on the baking trays for 20 minutes in fridge.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from tray with palette knife and place on a cooling rack.