Recipe: Karachi Biscuits 2
- Details Category: Recipes Published on Wednesday, 03 August 2016 23:07 Written by Super User :
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons custard powder, I used vanilla custard powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon pineapple essence
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup tutti frutti
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together flour, custard powder, salt and cardamom powder. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar till creamy and smooth.
- Add pineapple essence and milk and mix till well combined.
- Add in the flour mix and mix will combined and then add in the tutti frutti.
- Mix in everything together to form a dough. You may add more milk if the dough isn't coming together.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and make logs out of it.
- Wrap the logs with a cling sheet tightly and refrigerate for minimum of 4 hours. I refrigerated mine overnight.
- Take out the dough logs after they have chilled and cut into round cookies, around ¼ inch thick.
- Place cookies on the prepared baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies at 350 F degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool completely. Store karachi biscuits in an airtight container and enjoy with your chai!