Recipe: Courgettes preserved in oil
- Details Category: Recipes Published on Thursday, 01 September 2016 21:42 Written by Super User :
- 450g/1lb courgettes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200ml/7 floz olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Use a mandolin to finely slice the courgettes lengthwise into long ribbons and place them in a bowl with the 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Swish them around in the oil to coat them and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan and toast the courgette ribbons for approximately 2 minutes each side.
- Have the lemon juice ready in a bowl and toss the cooked courgette ribbons in the juice.
- Set them aside to cool.
- Finely slice the garlic and layer this in a sterilised jar along with the courgettes ribbons and the thyme leaves.
- Top up the jar with olive oil.
- Using a skewer prod around the jar to release any air bubbles and tap it on the table top too.
- Make sure the courgettes are completely covered in the oil and pop on a lid.
- Use within one month and store in the fridge.