Recipe: Hot water crust pastry
- Details Category: Recipes Published on Saturday, 24 December 2016 15:12 Written by ethel :
- 1lb (450g) plain flour
- 2 flat teaspoons salt
- 4 Oz (113g) lard
- 150ml water plus 60ml milk
- Mix flour and salt
- Melt lard in the liquid
- Pour lard into flour and beat quickly.
- Use hands to pinch dough together.
- Wrap dough in film and leave in warmish place for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Dough should be shiny, elastic and easy to work.
- Roll out to pound coin thickness.