Homemade chili oil is great for drizzling over foods for extra spice and flavor, as well as for mixing into sauces and vinaigrettes, as well as for cooking many meals.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 litre olive oil
- 100g dried whole birds eye chillies
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt crystal
- Add oil, dried peppers and salt (if using) to a small pot and stir.
- Heat to medium-low heat and stir often for about 5 minutes.
- Do not allow the oil to smoke. If it smokes, remove it from the heat to reduce the temperature.
- After 5 minutes, remove from heat and cool. Pour it into a bottle or jar. You can strain it if you’d like.
- Refrigerate and use within a month.