- 3 pitta breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4
- To make the sumac crisps, split the pitta breads in half and put on a baking sheet, rough sides up.
- Brush with the olive oil and sprinkle the sumac and thyme leaves over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- Break the cooled bread into crackersized pieces.
- The sumac crisps can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Written by ethel
Category: Amuses-Bouches and Appetisers