- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala - see below
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 carton chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 350g leftover roasted lamb, diced
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 250g long grain and wild rice
- 300g frozen very fine whole green beans
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan and add the onion.
- Stir in the garam masala, turmeric and cinnamon, and cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes before adding the cooked lamb and chickpeas.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice and the frozen beans in separate pans to pack instructions. Serve the curry with the rice, green beans and yogurt on the side.
For the Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1.5 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cloves
- 0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix cumin, coriander, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Place mix in an airtight container, and store in a cool, dry place.
Written by ethel
Category: Lamb Based Curry