Simple and quick Onion Tomato Gravy for Chapati/roti
Author: Kalyani but heavily modified
- Onions - 2 large sized
- Tomatoes - 3 medium sized
- Green chillies - 1 big fresh Osnan chilli
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Allspice powder -1/4 tsp
- Garlic - a lot of cloves
- Celery Salt - to taste
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Onion seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Oil and ghee for frying
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, garlic and green chillies.
- Heat a pan with oil and the items to temper. Once the mustard seeds cracks add onions.
- Fry the onions till it becomes transparent.
- After that add the tomatoes in and sauté till mushy.
- Once the tomatoes are warm add the other ingredients.
- Mix well and fry in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water or stock and cook covered until the tomatoes are well cooked. Then keep the flame low, cook the gravy till the desired consistency is reached.
- If necessary add beans with the tomatoes to make a different mix.