- 500g puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 200g full-fat soft cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp parmesan, freshly grated
- 60g frozen petits pois
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and peeled into ribbons
- 6 spring onions, roughly sliced at an angle
- Mozzarella cheese, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry into a large rectangle ½cm thick. Cut to a 30cm x 21cm rectangle and use a knife to mark out a border about 2½cm from the edge.
- Using a sharp knife, mark a lattice pattern on the borders, then brush with the egg. Place on a baking tray in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, lightly mix together the soft cheese, lemon juice and 2 tbsp parmesan in a bowl.
- Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper, then spread over the pastry.
- Press the peas into the tart and pile on the courgette ribbons.
- Scatter the spring onions and the grated mozzarella over the top.
- Brush with the oil, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen. Serve warm or cold.
Written by Adrian
Category: Vegey Meals