FOR THE BURGER
- 250g Rice, cooked and cooled
- 125g courgette, coarsely grated
- 75g feta, crumbled
- 3 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano or Gran Moravia vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g plain flour
- 2 medium Eggs, beaten
- ½ x 25g pack basil, chopped
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 25g rocket leaves
- ½ x 150g tub fresh mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp rose harissa
- Prepare and light the barbecue or preheat a griddle.
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together and season well. With damp hands, shape the mixture into 4 burgers and chill for 1 hour or until ready to cook.
- Place the burgers on greased foil and cook over a hot barbecue for 3-4 minutes each side then finish over the flames for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Serve in toasted brioche burger buns topped with tomato, red onion, rocket leaves and fresh mayonnaise swirled with rose harissa.
Written by ethel
Category: Vegey Meals