- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (or use more cumin)
- handful parsley, chopped, or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, then fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for 5 mins until softened.
- Tip into a large mixing bowl with the chickpeas and spices, then mash together with a fork or potato masher until the chickpeas are totally broken down.
- Stir in the parsley or dried herbs, with seasoning to taste.
- Add the egg, then squish the mixture together with your hands.
- Mould the mix into 6 balls, then flatten into patties.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then fry the falafels on a medium heat for 3 mins on each side, until golden brown and firm.
- Serve hot or cold with couscous, pitta bread or salad.
Written by Super User
Category: Vegey Meals