US measures at the moment
- 14 ounces ground pork
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 ounces canned bamboo shoots, drained rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place the ground pork, scallions, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, sugar and beaten egg white in a large mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the cornstarch, mixing until thoroughly incorporated with the other ingredients.
- Place a spoonful of pork mixture in your hand and roll into a tight ball.
- Line a steamer with a clean, DAMP tea towel and arrange meatballs inside.
- Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes, until balls are cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
- Note. You may need to steam for longer so try a test run first. Do not put too many balls in the steamer at any one time.
For the sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, mix 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and mix in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup water to thicken.
- Cook until well blended.
- Add a few pinapple chunks to the sauce and warm through before serving.
- Pour this sauce over the meatballs and serve with charred vegetables such as courgette, onion, aubergine, peppers etc.
- Written by Super User
- Category: Pork Based
- Hits: 359